JOIN US FOR QUORUM'S Q4 WORKPLACE ALLIANCE EVENT
Are you involved in an LGBTQA ERG/BRG/BSN or other LGBTQA Employee Group? Would you like to meet other people involved in similar groups in the Twin Cities, learn about current best practices, and network with other professionals? You’re invited to join your peers from Twin Cities LGBTQ+ and Allied Employee Resource Groups for a night of networking and best practices sharing!
Quorum is thrilled to be partnering with Wells Fargo to host our next Workplace Alliance Council event on Wednesday, February 22 at 5:30pm at Wells Fargo located at 550 South 4th Street in Minneapolis.
Trans*Forming” Business: Identifying Best in Class Strategies to Support Trans*/Gender Expansive Employees
Employee resource and affinity groups are often created to provide community and a sense of belonging in workplaces. LGBTQ+ and Ally-focused groups have had tremendous impact on workplace guidelines, policy, and “cultural norms”. We also know that these groups have helped some companies become more relevant and inclusive in the marketplace.
We know that building an inclusive workplace goes far beyond a singular policy or recommendation, especially for Trans*/Gender Expansive employees. At this event, we will hear from Trans*/Gender Expansive employees about their workplace journeys and how they have navigated this sometimes tenuous terrain. Additionally, we will:
- Explore how one can influence corporate culture by engaging allies, and discuss ways to keep allies actively involved and passionate about supporting Trans*/Gender Expansive communities in the workplace
- Discuss what impact will this work make on acquiring/retaining talent among other myriad DEI-related workplace issues
- Identify practical and useful steps/activities for ERG/BRG engagement and support
5:30 - 5:45 Informal Networking with drinks/light appetizers
5:45 - 7:15 Wells Fargo Welcome and Event Program
7:15 - 7:30 Closing Remarks and Next Steps
7:30- 8:30 Drinks and continued networking at a nearby establishment
We look forward to your attendance at this event. These conversations help shape our companies today and we’d love to have everyone’s attendance and input. Please feel free to share this exciting event with other network friends and colleagues!
Please do not hesitate to reach out with questions you want to make sure we include! firstname.lastname@example.org See you on February 22nd!
Registration is required for this event. Registration closes on Friday, February 17th to accommodate security needs.
- **Security will require a government-issued photo ID to receive your guest badge. If asked, you're attending the Quorum Workplace Alliance Event on the 15th floor.**
- Once you have your badge, security will guide you on using it to proceed through the secure turnstile to your left. Once through, select the 4th Floor. Please keep your badge on you at all times, as it is required to enter or exit the building
- Upon exiting the elevator bank, proceed around the corner and you will find the space for the event. Feel free to take in the views on the terrace while you mix and mingle before the event!
For In-Person Attendees (recommended)
Haaf Memorial Ramp (recommended) // 424 S 4th Street 55415
Mills Fleet Farm Ramp // 740 S 4th Street 55415
For Zoom Attendees
The official program will start between 5:50pm and 6pm.
Event materials will be sent to registered guests prior to the event.
Please use this link to attend virtually:
About Quorum's Workplace Alliance Council: Quorum's Workplace Alliance Council (WPAC) addresses workplace culture and LGBTQ+ and Allied inclusion efforts by creating a network of employee/business resource groups to connect and share ideas, best practices, challenges, resources and information on creating and maintaining fair, affirming equality-minded workplaces. We do this through regularly-scheduled WPAC events at host organizations. Please join us.